Looking for research to be completed surrounding the lack of safety courses offered in rural NL and how it affects the number of work related accidents, injuries and fatalities
We are hoping someone can complete research regarding the:
1. Types of safety courses offered outside the Avalon
2. Does the lack of safety courses offered in rural NL have an affect on the increase in work related injuries and/or other fatalities?
3. How does the rate of injuries in NL and rural NL compare to other Atlantic provinces? What is the availability of safety courses offered in Atlantic Canada and how does it compare to NL and rural NL?
- Looking to provide courses for OHS, Flags people on construction sites, and defensive driving courses for employees and employers outside of the Avalon
- This project will help Safety NL (a local community organization) receive funding to be able to implement various safety courses outside the Avalon
- Courses Safety Offers:
Supervisor Safety Training
Risk Assessment/Job Hazard Analysis (JHA)
Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS)
Traffic Control (Flagperson)
Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG)
Soft Tissue Injury Prevention